Sunday, February 28, 2010

Flutterbeary Queen

Isn't she adorable? Flutterbeary Queen is one of Monica Spicer's designs. I have been making Monica's bears for a long time and am her biggest fan. She comes up with the most amazing designs and her instructions are so clear and precise, there is no confusion following them. Flutterbeary Queen is 17cm tall was quite a challenge to make. You have to join and sew the fabric into different colour blocks before you layout the pattern and cut. The wings are hand painted. All my card making equipment came in handy! The eye shading is airbrushed and note the eyelashes, lol!! She is made out of hand dyed Sassy fabric, with beautiful amber glass eyes. Would you believe that Paola had a hand in this creation as well? I emailed for help with the 'crown' and, voila, a selection of 'crowns' duly arrived in the post for me to choose from. Now, that is service! Flutterbeary Queen is for sale if she steals your heart! Leave a comment with contact details if you are interested and I will get back to you!
As a matter of interest, I have Monica's permission to make and sell her designs, as long as I acknowledge her. To me this is so important, as artists like her put an enormous amount of time and expertise into designs like this and it is not fair to claim their work as your own! Can you tell that I have very strong feelings regarding copyrights??
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Moz, this is absolutely adorable. You can eail me privately to let me know what she costs. You are so talented... WOW! Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is drop dead gorgeous! i met a woman yesterday that is from Durban and also makes bears - Tammy. They moved to Cape St Francis 2 years ago. she is about 35. you really are BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your bears are just adorable, i think i may have to order one of these for myself if its not gonna cost me an arm and a leg she looks like she may cost a kings ransom.
    Adorable!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz