Friday, February 12, 2010

My Grandchildren


Meet my precious grandchildren! The darling in the lower centre of the picture is no longer with us, sadly. She was an epileptic and took a fit in the early hours of the morning, whilst doing what she loved the most - swimming, and drowned. We were devastated! The other two are now grown up and happily residing with their 'pets' Alan and Deanne, in Cape Town. I composed this picture from 2 different photographs and used Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencils on Bristol board. These pencils are amazing to work with. You can build up layers of colour which give your work the depth so often lacking in our colouring mediums. I had been attending art lessons for 5 months especially to do this picture for my kids for Christmas. It was tearfully received by Deanne and I knew the minute she opened it, I had got it right!




2 comments:

  1. Marcelle, you are so talented!! it looked like a photograph!! STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Moz... this post and picture has brought me to tears. I am such a doggie lover myself and am such a softie when it comes to our pets. Your colouring is beyond fabulous. You are seriously talented and am so pleased you started your blog to share your many talents with us. Bless you, hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz