Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Recycled/No Stamps Cards 1

I was asked by my friend Maureen, to help her get some ideas for cards together, to show her quilting/beading group, that cards need not be that complicated and you don't need R1,000's (??) worth of stash, to get a card together. Considering that years ago I made cards with only one stamp and a coloured stamp pad, it was the best exercise and excuse to revisit all these wonderful ideas! I had a ball and could not stop producing these cards.
None of the ladies own a stamp or stamp pad, but can print out sentiments on the computer and there are always the peel-offs available.
The top two cards were made from pictures that appeared on our Mass leaflets. After reading them every week, I cut out the picture on the front and add them to my stash. Wonderful for a fellow christian that needs a card for whatever reason. The bottom left is recycled Christmas gift wrap turned into and Iris folding design. Next to it is a recycled tea bag..... yes, that's correct... not the best picture, see below for close up. The tea bag is dried and slit at the back and the leaves emptied. I then used glass liners and squiggled a tree and added bling with glitter glue!
Stay tuned for more inspiration......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz