Thursday, January 20, 2011

Friends Birthday Card

A dear friend had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I made this card for her. In my 'half done' drawer, I found the background which was an impressibilities exercise using inks on the impress and running it through the Cuttlebug. I had done several and kept this one aside so used it here. I distressed the edges and then I cut a tag shape from some cardstock from the 'scrap bin' and placed a sentiment that had been stamped and swiped with distress pads and edge distressed onto the tag. Also 'half done' was the flower and all I needed to do was wet it, crumple, uncrumple and let it dry. Found some ribbon in my 'tassels' box that I thought looked a little like the seam tape that they are using on the web, and added a button to the bow. Mounted all this onto a chocolate brown card. It was well received.
I am now determined to try and get the Shabby Chic look perfected!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is stunning, Moz. I love the colors, the composition, the image, the details, I love everything about it!
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz