Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Card


My only brother has a birthday today!
He is slightly younger than me, and never lets me forget it!
Besides his passion for his Harley, he collects watches, all kinds. He has had my Grandfathers watch perfectly restored in Switzerland, and it has become his prized possession. The watch was given to my Grandfather as a long service award, so has lots of sentimental value. My brother is all about 'family' and loves and treats us all as very special people in his life. We are truly blessed to have him in our lives.
I started with the background - using Distress inks, Walnut Stain and Faded Jeans, I blended these colours around a bit and spritzed it with water - drying it quickly with my heat tool so that it did not 'moosh' into each other to much. I then got out all my watches and using the same ink pads, stamped them randomly over the background. This was mounted onto chocolate brown card stock and then onto a natural coloured card. I used the same natural colour card to stamp the fob using Versafine Sepia, for both the fob and the sentiment. I shaded with Tea Dyed ink, mounted onto chocolate card stock, and added a little grosgrain ribbon. I enjoyed creating this from scratch.
Last year I made him a Harley card, using the Harley scrapping paper. I don't seem to have a photo of this one sadly.

3 comments:

  1. I was amazed to read that you made the DP yourself... wow, I thought it was bought. Looks fabulous. I am sure your brother will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day. I followed a link from my life in stamps and ended up at your blog, just to so suprised to find another blogger from KZN! Im from estcourt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Moz, gorgeous card and the background you created is absolutely fabulous. Beautifully done!
    Amelia X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz