Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Happy Father's Day to any Dad's who may read this post!
I am blessed to still have my Dad and we enjoy a very special relationship. I don't see him as often as I would like, but talk often on the phone. We need to get Skype sorted as that is such a lovely way to stay in touch.
I'm into tags, yes, way behind everyone else! This manila tag was swiped with Distress Stains in Peeled Paint, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo, spritzed and 'worked' till I was happy with it.
The edges were distressed and treated to Walnut Stain using the pads and applicator. I tore the bottom edge off at an angle before treating the edges.
The stamps are from the Darkroom Door set called Vintage Automobile, stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa.
I used the same dp on this card that was on my son's birthday card, but darkened it with Vintage Photo pad and mounted it onto a natural colour card stock. Before doing this I wrapped some twine around it and threaded it through a button.
I was surprised how quickly this came together and realise is you have an idea to work towards, or a design map, it really is painless.
I'm learning.......

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Fantastic colour combination and layout, Moz.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colours really work on this tag Moz .
    Would you accept a Sweet Blogger Award from me please, its on my blog
    Have a great week x whats left of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm probably more "behind" than you are. Have still to try the TAG technique. Awaiting some from our friend Paola that I can distress and alter. A fab job Moz. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz