Sunday, June 5, 2011

W.I.P. completed

At long last this project is complete.
It has taken a couple of years, mostly in the UFO cupboard, but I am happy with it. Far from perfect, as I have not done bead work or embroidery for several years. Unfortunately the photo does not do it justice. It is stunning IRL.
This design was screenprinted onto the suede like fabric and was designed by Hazel Blomkamp, as a bible cover. However, I wanted to turn it into a carry-all for my mass items. I really had to apply the 'loaves and fishes' approach to get it out of what fabric I had. Here too, I had not done any 'construction' work for ages and it was a hit and miss approach.


The inside I quilted onto a firm bag
lining fabric and fitted a pocket for bitties, a loop for my mini rosary and elastic straps to hold all the leaflets etc that I normally like to have with me.
I would like to change some things, but when I look at the rest of the UFO's waiting in the cupboard, I guess I can be lenient on myself and let it go. It is the Virgo trait to get something perfect - guess I need to work on the fact that not everything in life has to be perfect. I'm, God's child and he loves me and my blupsies, just the way I am and I am happy with that.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea Moz, to have everything for Mass all together in a lovely hold-all. I think the design slightly reduced would even make a lovely Missal cover. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz