Friday, March 2, 2012

Floral Frenzy

 No stopping this gal when she is on a roll!!
On all three cards I coloured the inside of the embossing folder with Distress Ink and embossed the white board so the colour was recessed, allowing the white embossing to 'pop'. 
I then cut a rectangle in white and used MS around the corner punch and with the oval nestability, removed the center out of this rectangle. This allows the embossing to show through.






The flowers were punched and shaped with an embossing tool then I painted them with the matching Distress ink, intensifying the colour in the center of each flower. I assembled the flower and popped a pearl into the center. 
I die cut the flourishes and attached to the outside corner of the frame and then mounted the flowers over it.




The sentiment is from a Justrite circular set and stamped in either black or sepia Versamark ink, and cut out with a circle punch. 


I am delighted with these cards and I hope the recipients will enjoy them as much as I did making them.


I must say, that credit is due to the wonderful bloggers who inspire each and everyone of us continuously with their beautiful creations. I just pick up the ideas and make them my own. Thanks gals!!

12 comments:

  1. Moz, all three absolutely gorgeous cards. Lovely idea with the fancy edging. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Moz! The one is as beautiful as the next!! What a lovely way to use the 'frames' of nestie cut-outs too.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are stunning Moz! What a creative way to use embossing folders and nesties. As always, the flowers (I call them Moz masterpieces) are beautiful.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful Moz. Just shows what one can do with a little bit of creativity. Thanks for sharing with us. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful cards!

    I don't know what to tell you about subscribing to my blog. Lots of people have it in their google reader. If there's a problem with the coding, I am afraid you'll have to contact the maker of your reader or search for Atom troubles.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these are absolutely stunning Moz. Such understated elegance...with number 3 as my favourite. well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, Moz and I was the lucky recipient of the pink one! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Moz, these cards are absolutley beautiful. Thanks for posting them

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW they look so beautiful ..such fab use of the dies and embossing

    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just trying to get ideas for a card I want to make for someone, and came across your card on pinterest. I just love it. Thanks for sharing I now know what I want to make. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could you please tell me the dies used in these cards? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna. I used Nellie Snellen punch for the flowers and embossed them with the matching punch. The flourish was a die from Marianne dies - all from the Netherlands but available from Frantic Stamper I'm sure. Hugs

      Delete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz