Friday, April 20, 2012

Wedding Invitations

 I share my card making passion with a group of ladies every month and this Saturday we will be making 'different' invitations. 
One thing I have learnt when you pass on your knowledge to others is that what you like is not always what they like and never more so does this apply, than to greeting cards. With that in mind, and given the ladies who want to learn about invitations, I have to put my own taste aside and design what appeals to others.
So this group will be making the two cards below. The long one is actually a wallet card that has been glitzed up with all things shiny and feathers. I used kraft board for the wallet and the die cuts were made out of hand made paper, using X-Cut dies. The inserts, and there can be lots of them in this wallet, are all kraft board onto black card.
The second card is a four-flap card (my description...lol). This was made using shimmer card and the outer card was embellished with hand made paper with a suede floral pattern. Very sumptuous, as both these cards are. I'm looking forward to feed back from my ladies - I hope I have hit the button on the nose this time and left my own preferences in my pocket!! What do your think??


The Wallet and Four Flap card

The Four Flap card closed at the back
 and open in the front

The Wallet card, closed at the back
and open in the front, showing the inserts.





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful invitations Moz. I should come to you for lessons. I turned down a request to make some wedding invitations recently, as I just didn't see myself clear for all that work. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your great work and… this Blog is a really pleasant surprise! Keep up the good work!

    Wedding Invitations

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just gorgeous Moz! Very African, earthy yet superbly elegant! They are sure to be a hit with your group - I wish I could join you tomorrow - have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz