Wednesday, May 2, 2012

60th Birthday Card



My brother-in-law had his 60th birthday on the 31st March and I made him this card for the occasion.
I followed the same layout I used for my Dad's card and chose colors that were bright and cheerful.
I flattened a bottle cap and inserted wooden number that I stained, inside of it.
I use a Darkroom Door set of stamps with the most appropriate sentiment of the occasion. 


My niece, her boyfriend and my nephew organised a surprise luncheon for their Dad and family came from far and wide to celebrate this special birthday.



We always tease each other as we share the same birth year, and just for a few months Rob, you are older than me!  Ha-ha-ha.

It really was a special day!

5 comments:

  1. Moz, I love the fold, and the colours are just fabulous - bright and cheerful, certainly perfect for a man! Thanks for sharing!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Durban
    S/Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely fold and such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the bottle cap embellishment and wording Moz. This is a lovely fold and the stripes compliment it well.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Amelia X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your BIL loved this card Moz. Agree with Amelia, the bottle cap embellies are lovely. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think that bottle cap is such a great idea, will have to try it some time.
    Great colours on the card as well

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz