Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lattice Cards

These lovely cards were inspired by the very talented Ursula Uphof. She generously shares lots of her ideas with her fellow crafters and I am always grateful for her generosity.

The first card I made according to Ursula's instructions including the lovely flower made out of coffee filters - ingenious idea as the filter paper is so receptive to the colour washes. For my card, I added a colour insert that coordinated with the flower and added a few pearls for interest. Of course the leaf one of my favorite Marianne dies and the greeting ticket is from a fabulous set from Whimsy Stamps.


For the second card, I angled the lattice window for interest, placed the lattice strips a little closer together by using the spaces created by the window die cut. The leaves are also Marianne dies and the flower dies from PTI. The sentiment is a rubber block stamp from Stamp Africa that I have had for years.


I know that this is going to be a very popular 'go to' card as it can be made to suit almost every occasion.


Thank you Ursula for sharing so generously!



1 comment:

  1. Two beautiful cards Moz! The lattice windows and flowers are so elegant and stylish. Love the coffee filter flower.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz