Monday, July 15, 2013

Spring Butterfly Card

I just had to play with these Joy Craft Butterfly dies I added to my stash this month!

I also wanted to use this stamp which is an old one I bought years ago from a stamp company that closed down and I remember I paid $1 for her. It is a photo stamp and is beautiful to work with.

 I stamped her onto white card stock and then onto the patterned paper I wanted to use that matched the background paper, using Versafine Sepia ink. I cut the white card image out and added a touch of Tattered Rose ink to the skin areas. I cut around the arms to loosen them so when I added the 'dress' I could lay the arms on top again. 

The Joy Craft butterfly border die is 6002/0251 and the single butterfly is Joy Craft Vintage Flourishes 6003/0023. Both were cut out of white card. I did find the single butterfly a battle to cut out of card. It much prefers a lighter weight paper, FYI! The greeting is from a PTI set I have just inked up, Boutique Borders: Birthday Stamp Set #2642 and I stamped it in Versafine Sepia onto half of a Marianne Creatables LR0272 oval, which is part of a stunning set. It fitted the side of the tag beautifully cut in half! 

Pearls and ribbon finished off this little lady perfectly.

Thank you so much for the visit and I hope you enjoyed my pretty creation!
Hugz
Moz

3 comments:

  1. Oh Moz, what a beauty! Love that you paired her with those butterfly die cuts, just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Love the beautiful image & butterflies... Love it!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Moz. I have that border too and haven't used it yet. Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz