Thursday, January 16, 2014

At Last ~ I Won the Quilt.......

Hi my dear friends!

I'm slowly getting back into the groove and here is my second post for January....wow!

I am lucky to be part of a group of ladies who get together at Maureen's lovely home every December, for a delicious lunch, lovingly prepared by Maureen! Always spectacular and she will not let us do a thing except come along, with a gift and enjoy ourselves.

What is so amazing is that Maureen collects Father Christmases, in any shape, size or form and has them all on display, every year, for us to enjoy. It is an extensive collection that has been growing for years. Friends constantly surprise her with a new one from their travels. The problem now, is that it takes ages to unpack and repack them and a chore that is dreaded by Maureen and her husband, but so enjoyed by us all! After lunch, we play a game where you are able to take a gift from someone else if it is your turn - great fun and always results in lots of laughter! Well, over the many years I've been part of the group, I have drooled over the quilt that Maureen's very talented daughter Karen makes. Every one stunning and coveted by us all, but soooo hard to get your hands on and keep!
Well, this year, I had the best luck and I brought it home with ME.....woo-hoo!! It is so pretty and I am so looking forward to hanging it up this Christmas and enjoying it the whole season through!

Karen's beautiful Christmas Quilt - 2013.

Is it not delightful?

I am so thrilled with it and wish to say a huge thank you to Karen for this gift and to her Mum Maureen, for her really special Christmas spirit and beautiful friendship! I'll treasure it all!

Thanks for stopping in and I'll chat again soon!
Hugz
Moz

4 comments:

  1. Wowzers Moz! That is one fabulous gift which you will treasure for many more years to come. Enjoy!
    Best wishes for 2014, hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful group of friends you have Moz. Love the quilt. I've been admiring Rene Sharp's as she makes them. So beautiful! hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled for you Moz, this is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Moz! WOW, what a FABULOUS gift!
    It sure sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz