Sunday, January 26, 2014

Spots & Glitter!

Hello all!

No, not shiny acne.....lol!!

It has been a slow start to my creative year, but I'm finding my feet, I am very pleased to say. I have done some class planning, for both home and away and have been chipping away, albeit slowly, at projects I am working on. My hubs and I have just started attending a Bible study group on Wednesday nights, so that eats into my schedule quite a bit, but I'm not complaining! It will work out. I start classes proper this week and have to get busy with cards, so I will have something to show you later in the week.

In the meantime, I'd like to share a very quick card I made prior to leaving for Cape Town. I had just received some awesome dies and really wanted to use one before my holiday. This is the card I made - no masterpiece, but CAS I think!


It really was a pleasure to put together with only two die cuts needed, which I cut out of black glittered foam sheets. Amazing the effect you get using these sheets. I need to thank my friend Ria for sharing this information! I also found this organza flower, already made up in my flower bottle, so added it with a clear rhinestone in the center and placed another above the 'i' in birthday. To balance the card, I used a cerise dot thingy (forgotten the name of these goodies - a touch of 'old timers' y'know) - ah! remembered - 'Dew Drops', at the end of Happy.
I think the happy die was from Papertrey, but could have been Simon Says Stamp, as I removed them from their packets and placed into my Artbin. The birthday die is a Britannia die from Johanna Sheen. Great selection of greetings in this elegant font available there.I do write the numbers on the back, but am just too tired now (11:45pm) to investigate, so do forgive me!

Do enjoy the rest of your weekend, wherever you may live and thanks so much for popping in. I do appreciate it!

Hugz and God Bless
Moz

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Love those papers & pretty flower...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly ever see you do a CAS card Moz, but this one is great! Love the pink/cerise colour! I was on the Organza flowers band wagon once, so bought some beautiful fabric, and then I just could not figure out how one would post such a card, so I gave up, and now I have more stash in my craft room that is not seeing the light of day! I know, it's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. So good to get feed back on my creative endeavours!
Hugz
Moz